Tuesday, July 05, 2005

2046: A Review

2046: A Review

I haven't seen "In the Mood for Love" or "Days of Being Wild", which is referred to be the prequels of 2046. Thus I began my journey of watching this film without having any assumption of what's going on. I find the plot quite simple. It may be a tandem narrative or sequential narrative, but the red string is clear. The film brings us to see how love comes and goes away. It's all in your hands, as Chow said it, "When you don't take 'no' for an answer, there is still a chance you'll get what you want". I can connect to Bai Ling, when she hopes to be together with Chow again. But a chance is a chance, there's no guarantee you'll get what you want. As with the audience, the Asian audience/audience which has Asian background would probably can relate to this film better. The crying scenes are 'silent' and not full of limbs movement. One westerner in the same cinema with me did say that this film was dead boring and dreadful. In terms of technicalities, the soundtrack is marvelous! Shigeru really did a good job. I like the graphics, too. So Wong Kar Wai, well done!

This review is also accessible thru: IMDb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home